Jay Industrial Repair
Jay Industrial Repair, formerly the Jay Electric Company, is a Birmingham-based company that specializes in the inspection, maintenance, cleaning and repair of industrial electric motors, transformers and generators. The privately owned company currently employs about 125 people and reported revenues of $41.3 million in 2018.
The company was founded in 1984 as a subsidiary of the Jernigan Corporation. The company was purchased in 1995 by National Bank of Commerce executives Joel McMahon and Lucian Bloodworth. Its original location was the former Dynaform Metals facility in Docena.
In 2015 the company moved its headquarters offices and customer education center to the former BEBCO Building at 2230 2nd Avenue South. In 2019 Jay Industrial Repair acquired the former AmQuip building at 4441 North Ruby Carson Boulevard in Pinson for $2.4 million. In September 2020 Jay acquired Flanders Inc.'s Muscle Shoals Regional Service Center.
- Corporate Headquarters, 2230 2nd Avenue South
- Birmingham Service Division, 600 6th Street Docena
- Motor Repair Storage Services, 4441 North Ruby Carson Boulevard
- Mobile Service Division
- Montgomery Service Division
- Muscle Shoals Service Division
- Precision Coil and Rotor, 5300 East Lake Boulevard
- Tomberlin, Michael (February 19, 2014) "Precision High Voltage opens $4 million Birmingham facility." The Birmingham News
- Davis, Bryan (February 12, 2015) "BEBCO building lands Jay Electric as tenant." Birmingham Business Journal
- Van der Bijl, Hanno (September 19, 2019) "Investors' $2.4M industrial buy allows manufacturer to consolidate storage space." Birmingham Business Journal
- Jay Industrial Repair website