List of homicides in 1931
This is a List of homicides in 1931, including all cases investigated in the Birmingham District.
- Robert Rockett, an engineer, was found dead from a gunshot wound through the heart, in the vicinity of Mt Pinson. No arrest.
- April 29: W. L. Taylor, a Jefferson County Sheriff's Department convict guard, was found dead, of a gunshot wound to the head, in the vicinity of Mt Pinson. Three men were arrested and charged in connection with his death.
- April 30: W. H. Massey, an oil salesman, was found dead, of a gunshot wound to the head, near his truck in the vicinity of Mt Pinson. There was evidence he had been robbed. (report)
- July 26: Arnold Puckett, 18, was shot to death during an argument at an ice house in Adamsville. The shooter, Oscar DeArmand, later killed himself in Ensley. (report)
- July 26: Nellie Lowe, 42, was shot to death in the same incident.
- August 2: L. K. Horton, a slag company foreman, was found shot to death near his car outside Muscoda. The suspected shooter, G. M. Culpepper, who had been involved with Horton's wife, shot himself to death rather than submit to arrest. Mrs Horton and another man, Hiram Blansett, were arrested and charged with being involved in planning the murder.
This list is incomplete and may never satisfy any subjective standard for completeness. You can help Bhamwiki by.