Old Leeds Road
Old Leeds Road (Jefferson County Road 64) is a surviving section of the former Leeds Road, sometimes called Leeds Highway, that connected Montevallo Road near Crestline, over Shades Mountain, to the city of Leeds, on the Little Cahaba River in eastern Jefferson County.
The eastern section of Leeds Road, also known as Shades Mountain Road or Crest Road, was incorporated into the "Bankhead Highway" (U.S. Highway 78) and was paved in the early 20th century. The western section in Mountain Brook was improved in the 1940s.
Presently, the section of Leeds Road which meets Montevallo Road at the heart of the former Montrose community, has been renamed Montrose Road. Old Leeds Road proper begins at St Luke's Episcopal Church and wraps around the Mountain Brook Club golf course to the eastern end of Cherokee Road. From there it follows the orientation of Flat Ridge in a northeasterly direction, crossing Grant's Mill Road. Old Leeds Road ends at an interchange at I-20 Exit 135 at Weems Gap, which also connects to U.S. Highway 78. Grantswood Road continues south of the interstate, circling back inside the I-20/I-459 interchange toward Grant's Mill Road.
- road continues northwest as Montrose Road
- Pine Ridge Road intersects (south only)
- Beechwood Road intersects (south only)
- road curves around Mountain Brook Club and crosses over Shades Creek
- Cherokee Road intersects (west only)
- 4132: Manoir Minette (built 1961)
- Crosshill Road intersects (south only)
- 4218: McTyeire residence (built 1969)
- Stone River Road intersects (north only)
- Brookwood Road intersects (south only)
- 4901: Highlands School (built 1958)
- Mill Springs Road intersects (south only)
- Wynwood Drive intersects (south only)
- Bermuda Drive intersects (south only)
- 5601: Mountain Brook Swim and Tennis Club (built 1965)
- Belmont Road intersects (south only)
- Grant's Mill Road intersects
- Grantswood Road intersects (east only)
- road passes under I-20
- road ends at Crestwood Boulevard / U.S. Highway 78