Soluble Biotech (previously Soluble Therapeutics LLC and Soluble BioScience) is an operating division of Predictive Oncology Inc. which specializes in analyzing protein formulations, and establishing improvements to their solubility characteristics as a service to the pharmaceutical research industry. The company was founded in 2008 as a spinoff of research performed by Larry DeLucas at UAB, and was housed at the Innovation Depot in downtown Birmingham. It developed a proprietary system to conduct analyses quickly and efficiently.
Joseph Garner was hired as CEO in 2010 to lead business development efforts. In 2012 the company was awarded a $1 million grant to help commercialize its technology for sale. In 2014 Soluble Therapeutics acquired Dilyx Biotechnologies of Seattle, Washington. In 2016 the company graduated from Innovation Depot.
Later that same year it was acquired by CytoBiosciences of San Antonio, Texas. That company maintained a cell development laboratory at the Innovation Depot. In September 2018 CytoBiosciences also acquired BioDtech, another Innovation Depot company.
In February 2019 CytoBiosciences was taken over Divine Capital Markets of New York City and rebranded as InventaBioTech Inc. In June 2020 the company's Soluble Therapeutics and BioDTech divisions were sold to Predictive Oncology Inc. of Eagan, Minnesota.
- Swant, Martin (June 17, 2012) "Birmingham biotech company wins National Institutes of Health $1 million grant." The Birmingham News
- Hoppe, Ian (July 30, 2014) "Birmingham is on the front lines of medical research: take a look at this biotech startup." The Birmingham News
- Hoppe, Ian (October 2, 2014) "Birmingham's Soluble Therapeutics acquires Seattle company Dilyx Biotechnology." The Birmingham News
- Brown, Melissa (December 21, 2016) "Birmingham biotech startup acquired by San Antonio company." Birmingham Business Journal
- Bailey, W. Scott (September 12, 2018) "San Antonio's CytoBioscience closing in on acquisition deal." San Antonio Business Journal
- Bailey, W. Scott (February 7, 2019) "SA biotech gets interim CEO as it rebrands." San Antonio Business Journal
- "Predictive Oncology Completes Acquisition of Soluble Therapeutics and BioDtech." (June 2, 2020) Predictive Oncology Inc. press release
- Soluble Biotech website