Here's an article on bank name changes that includes several new banks that have been started or entered Birmingham since the Wachovia takeover: , including:
- Red Mountain Bank
- ServisFirst Bank
- SouthPoint Bank
- Capital South Bank, formerly Bank of Alabama
- First M&F Bank which acquired First National Bank of Shelby County
I have already created pages for the other banks listed in the article.
Other banks I know of that I haven't created pages for:
- BancorpSouth Bank, which acquired Highland Bank
- Renasant Bank, which acquired Heritage Bank
- Alamerica Bank
- Citizens Trust Bank which acquired Citizens Federal Savings Bank
- Peoples Bank and Trust Company of North Alabama
And then there's all the credit unions!
--Wheresdib 13:42, 6 October 2006 (PDT)