ServisFirst Bank (or Servis1st) is a Mountain Brook-based bank that was founded in May 2005. ServisFirst President and founder Tom Broughton has spent his entire banking career spanning three decades in Birmingham, most notably as co-founder and President of First Commercial Bank.
ServisFirst was organized with $35 million in capital, the largest capitalization of any start-up bank in the state's history. In March, 2007 the bank announced that it had surpassed assets of $600 million, and exceeded $1 billion in assets by the end of 2008, well in advance of its own goal of reaching the milestone within 5-10 years.
The bank's first location and headquarters was located at 3300 Cahaba Road in Mountain Brook, near US Highway 280 and Colonial Brookwood Village. In 2009 the company moved its headquarters to the Shades Cahaba Office Building in Shades Creek Park, at the intersection of Shades Creek Parkway and Cahaba Road.
In 2014 the company acquired Atlanta's three-branch Metro Bank for about $41 million in stock and cash.
- 324 21st Street North, Birmingham
- Shades Cahaba Office Building (2009)
- Huntsville (2006)
- Montgomery (2007)
- Dothan (2008)
- Pensacola, Florida (2011, 2012)
- Goodman, Sherri C. (March 15, 2007) "ServisFirst tops $600 million in assets." The Birmingham News
- McCauley, Charles R. (January 18, 2008) "Banking on technology." The Birmingham News
- Jarvis, Crystal (July 17, 2009) "ServisFirst to open new HQ next week." Birmingham Business Journal
- Tomberlin, Michael (May 17, 2012) "ServisFirst Bank plans 2nd Pensacola branch." The Birmingham News
- Cole, Antrenise (October 20, 2014) "ServisFirst to acquire Atlanta's Metro Bancshares." Birmingham Business Journal
- ServisFirst Bank website