The Farley Building is a 126-foot-tall, 9-story building in Downtown Birmingham located on the northeast corner of Block 86, which is the southwest corner of the intersection of 3rd Avenue and 20th Street North.
Built in 1909 as an 8-story building, it was the fourth steel-frame "skyscraper" erected in Birmingham. Architects Miller, Martin & Lewis created a graceful composition of dark red brick arches and light-colored spandrels, less severe than the tall buildings that preceded it.
The building's projecting cornice was removed when the 9th story was added.
- 20th Street North
- 220: New York Model Hat Shop (1922), Nisley Co. (1926), Eisley Beautiful Shoes (c. 1929), Russell Stover Candies
- 222-224: Shaw & Davin equipment dealers, Florsheim Shoes (1964), Classic Basket
- Contact Lens Clinic (1960s)
- Onlie Barber Shop (1909)
- Hill Shoe Co. (1909)
- 3rd Avenue North:
- 1925: Thom McAn Shoes (1929), Julie Ann Hat Shop (1964), Elaine's boutique (2019)
- 1927: Cinderella Shoe Shop (1925-1929), The Adorable Shop (1964), The Barbie Shop beauty salon (2016-)
- 1929: building entrance
- 1931-1933: Bromberg & Co. jewelers (1922), Liggett's Drug Store (1924-1940), Craig's Shoes (1964), The Cochran Firm (2015-)
- White, Marjorie Longenecker (1977) Downtown Birmingham: Architectural and Historical Walking Tour Guide. Birmingham: Birmingham Historical Society.
- Farley Building on Emporis.com