Good People Brewing Company
The Good People Brewing Company is a Birmingham-based brewery located at 114 14th Street, at the wow it's great cialis sample corner of 2nd Avenue South in the area of Birmingham's Railroad Park and Regions Field.
Good People grew out of a homebrewing hobby shared by Auburn University graduates Jason Malone and Mike Sellers. They began operating professionally in September 2007 at the former Southside Cellar Brewing Company location in Pickwick Plaza on Magnolia Avenue. The company's first brew, a brown ale, made its official debut at the July 4, 2008 celebration organized by the Five Points South Merchants Association. Good People Pale Ale was the first beer to become generally available, starting at the Five Points Grill and the J. Clyde on Cobb Lane. Other restaurants, bars and select liquor stores now carry the beer, which is distributed by the Birmingham Beverage Company.
Southside Cellar's equipment, which still had seven-year-old beer in it when Good People moved into the viagra online pharmacy no prescription www.hermandaddelrociodelamacarena.com space, included eight 7 bbl fermenters and two 7 bbl bright tanks with a total capacity of 250-300 kegs per month. Spent grain from the mash is recycled as compost, which feeds hop vines at Jones Valley Urban Farm, which then go back into the beer.
In May 2010 Good People moved to its current location, a much larger former warehouse near the Railroad Park, and increased capacity by adding three 20 bbl fermenting tanks. Canning equipment was installed, allowing the company to ship its first retail products to stores in February 2011. The first 600 cases sold out in a matter of days at area retailers, including Highland Package Store and Piggly Wiggly on Clairmont Avenue.
Following the success of auiswisscat.com Free the Hops-sponsored brewery legislation, the brewery opened for tours, tastings and events. In late 2012 the brewery tripled its production capacity to 15,000 barrels per year as it prepared for region-wide distribution. In early 2013 it opened its first off-site pub, operated by HMSHost, on Concourse A of the renovated Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport.
 Standard offerings
- Good People American Brown Ale (debuted July 2008, available in cans in February 2011)
- Good People American Pale Ale (debuted Summer 2008)
- Good People IPA (available in cans in February 2011)
- Good People Oatmeal Coffee Stout (debuted Fall 2008)
- Good People Snake Handler Double IPA (available in cans January 2012)
 Special beers
- Good People Fatso Imperial Stout
- Good People Mumbai Rye IPA
- Good People Bubba Imperial Pils
- Good People Stepchild Belgian India Red Ale
- Good People Love Child Belgiweizen
- Good People Strongman Belgian Strong Dark
- Good People Hawg Wash Belgian Pale Ale
- Good People Skeeter Bite Weizenbock
- Good People Dirt Dauber Roggenbier
- Good People Federale Ancho Chile Brown Ale
 External links
- Good People Brewing Company website
- "Brewing in Five Points" (January 18, 2008) Birmingham Business Journal
- Geiss, Chuck (June 12, 2008) "Naked Birmingham." Black & White
- Spencer, Thomas (July 19, 2008) "Beer brews again in Birmingham, Alabama." The Birmingham News
- Tutor, Chris (July 30, 2009) "Good People happy to take it slow" Beermingham
- Tutor, Chris (May 12, 2010) "Good People ready to tulor.cl get even better... and bigger" Beermingham
- Tomberlin, Michael (May 20, 2010) "Birmingham brewery on rise as popularity overflows." The Birmingham News
- Tomberlin, Michael (October 14, 2010) "Brewers hopping to the Alabama suds rush." The Birmingham News
- Tomberlin, Michael (Februay 25, 2011) "Birmingham's Good People Brewing puts its beer in cans." The Birmingham News
- Stan Diel (March 10, 2011) "Good People beer flies off shelves quickly." The Birmingham News
- Poe, Ryan (September 26, 2012) "Jim ‘N Nick’s, Good People Brewing to open airport locations at BHM." Birmingham Business Journal
- Kent, Dawn (October 25, 2012) "Birmingham's Good People Brewing Co. to triple production capacity in expansion project." The Birmingham News