E. Philemon Hill
- This article is about the engineer and mayoral candidate. For his father, an educator, see Ervin Hill.
Ervin Philemon Hill II (born c. 1973) is a mechanical engineer, founder of Legacy Sports Management International, and owner of EPH Sports Warehouse. He campaigned as a candidate for Mayor of Birmingham in the 2017 and 2021 Birmingham municipal elections.
Hill graduated from Parker High School in 1990 and completed a bachelor of science in mechanical engineering at Tuskegee University in 1995. He worked for Raytheon Systems Engineering in Los Angeles for three years, and then with the Southern Nuclear Company in Atlanta, Georgia until 2002.
While employed as an engineer, Hill also worked in the pro shops at the Chester Washington Golf Course in Los Angeles and the Browns Mill Golf Course in Atlanta. He completed a master's in business administration at Clark-Atlanta University and joined the operations staff for the 2004 Tour Championship held at the East Lake Golf Club. In 2005 Hill founded Legacy Sports Management International which works to increase minority-owned business participation at PGA Tour events. The firm also developed a touring exhibit on "African American Golf Legends" and the Legacy Sports Junior Golf Association.
Hill finished 7th in the mayoral race, garnering 205 votes. After Sheila Tyson left her Birmingham City Council seat vacant to be sworn into the Jefferson County Commission he applied to be appointed by the Council to fill her seat.
During the 2021 campaign, Hill promised to launch a full forensic audit of the city's finances within 24 hours of taking office. He also pledged to promote participation by Black-owned businesses in city contracts, and to work to develop business development plans for every neighborhood. Hill also suggested redeveloping Boutwell Auditorium and creating a city office of public health services.
- Daniel, J. H. (March 30, 2017) "Birmingham, Alabama mayoral candidate interview: Philemon Hill." Bham Now
- Scott, Ryan (April 24, 2017) "Mayoral candidate Ervin Philemon Hill discusses his plan for Birmingham." Weld for Birmingham
- Patchen, Tyler (August 6, 2021) "Philemon Hill commits to audit of city finances if elected mayor." Birmingham Business Journal
- E. Philemon Hill at Linkedin.com