Grandview Medical Center
Grandview Medical Center (originally Baptist Medical Center Montclair, later Trinity Hospital) is 434-bed hospital, affiliated with Community Health Systems of Brentwood, Tennessee. It took its current name after moving into the former HealthSouth "Digital Hospital" adjoining the Cahaba River and U.S. Highway 280. Daniel McKinney is the hospital's chief executive officer.
After considering construction of a new hospital campus in Irondale, Leeds or Liberty Park, Community Health Systems announced in September 2008 that they had reached a deal with the Daniel Corporation and the City of Birmingham to take over HealthSouth's unfinished hospital building. The agreement was the subject of a prolonged legal challenge from Brookwood Medical Center and St Vincent's Health System, but Trinity prevailed in 2013 and began work to complete the unfinished building and renovate it for their needs.
CHS planned to invest $205 million to buy and finish the hospital, and another $70 million for equipment. They also announced plans to build a $90 million medical office building within the Cahaba Center at Grandview campus. In January 2015 CHS purchased the Riverpoint building and demolished it to make way for future buildings on the hospital campus. Daniel partnered with Seavest Healthcare Properties of White Plains, New York to develop the 8-story Grandview Physicians Plaza in 2015 and 5-story Grandview Physicians Plaza II in 2022.
- Velasco, Anna (August 29, 2006) "Hospital working on relocating in Irondale". The Birmingham News
- Velasco, Anna (July 22, 2008) "Baptist Health System will seek approval to build and operate a hospital in Hoover." The Birmingham News
- Tomberlin, Michael and Anna Velasco (September 30, 2008) "Trinity Medical to buy HealthSouth's abandoned hospital." The Birmingham News
- Velasco, Anna (January 20, 2009) "St. Vincent's joins opposition to Trinity move." The Birmingham News
- Velasco, Anna (September 28, 2009) "Trinity Medical Center launching official pitch for move to U.S. 280." The Birmingham News
- Cromwell, Sidney (December 29, 2014) "Grand vision" 280 Living.
- Davis, Bryan (January 15, 2015) "Trinity Medical Center buys Alostar building for $8 million." Birmingham Business Journal
- Yurkanin, Amy (September 14, 2015) "Fourteen years in the making, Grandview Medical Center prepares to open." The Birmingham News
- Patchen, Tyler (August 6, 2020) "Grandview Medical Center plans another expansion." Birmingham Business Journal
- Patchen, Tyler (May 28, 2021) "Grandview Medical Center's new CEO talks future plans, Covid-19 impact." Birmingham Business Journal
- Thrailkill, Laurel (April 5, 2023) "Grandview Medical Center opening new ER." Birmingham Business Journal
- Grandview Medical Center web site