Standard Furniture is a Birmingham-based furniture and appliance dealer with 15 retail locations in North Alabama and Tennessee. It was founded as the Standard Furnishing Company in August 1912 and sold clothing as well as home furnishings until 1957 when the business adopted its present name. The current president is Jacob Shevin, great-grandson of founder Felix Shevinsky.
Stuart Shevin became president in 1975 and presided over the move to its current 3rd Avenue North location in 1978. He left the company to his son, Jacob, when he died of lung cancer in April 2012. In 2001 Standard partnered with model Kathy Ireland on a line of wooden furnishings.
Originally located at 210 18th Street North, the downtown store moved into the Ideal Building at 111 19th Street North in 1941. Standard's main offices are located at 11 Office Park Circle in Mountain Brook and its warehouse is located at 2308 13th Street in Ensley.
- 2016-2020 3rd Avenue North, downtown Birmingham
- 2217-2219 2nd Avenue North, downtown Birmingham
- 1533 South Main Street, Graysville
- 200 West Battle Street, Talladega
- 613 Decatur Highway, Gardendale
- 301 19th Street North, Bessemer
- 104 Temple Avenue North, Fayette
- 1631 Center Point Parkway, Center Point
- 906 Perry Street Southwest, Cullman
- 3026 Pelham Parkway, Pelham Plaza, Pelham
- 7710 Parkway Drive, Leeds
- 106 West Hickory Street, Hartselle
- 2000D Gault Avenue North, Fort Payne
- Williams, Roy L. (August 6, 2009) "Deep recession hits several Birmingham landmark firms." The Birmingham News
- Williams, Roy L. (June 5, 2012) "Standard Furniture marks 100th birthday with 4th-generation leadership." The Birmingham News
- Standard Furniture website