Village Creek Greenway
The Village Creek Greenway (or Village Creek Trail) is a proposed public trail following the course of Village Creek down Oppossum Valley from East Lake to Ensley. It was conceived through the development of the Village Creek Linear Park and Retention System Master Plan, taken up by the Freshwater Land Trust as the Village Creek Greenways Initiative (part of the Jefferson County Greenways Program), and incorporated into the larger Red Rock Ridge and Valley Trail System network.
Village Creek Park
The Village Creek Human and Environmental Justice Society adopted a master plan in 2010 for a proposed Village Creek Park on 42 acres between Avenue V and McAlpine Park in Ensley, including Tuxedo Park.
The construction of the greenway through the proposed park, the first of 12 planned phases of park development, was carried out by the City of Birmingham and the Alabama Department of Transportation in 2018.
- W. C. Patton Park in North Avondale
- Greenwood Park on Avondale Creek in East Birmingham, opened 2012
- Arkadelphia Road to Avenue W Ensley, projected for 2019
- Village Creek Park (proposed), greenway portion opened 2018
- McAlpine Park in Ensley
- Edgemon, Erin (July 18, 2018) "Ensley's Village Creek Greenway open, nearly complete." The Birmingham News