Hotel Indigo

From Bhamwiki
Jump to: navigation, search
From the southwest in January 2009.

The Hotel Indigo is an 8-story, 63-room full service hotel and conference center located mostly within the Medical Arts Building at 1023 20th Street South in Five Points South.

The Medical Arts Building was converted into Pickwick Hotel and Conference Center along with an adjacent conference center and retail development called Pickwick Plaza in 1988. Both developments were named for the former Pickwick Club, which had opened nearby the same year as the Medical Arts Building, and headed by cardiac surgeon Donald Kahn.

In November 2006 Atlanta developers Long & Cox Properties Inc. announced plans to purchase the hotel and embark on a estimated $7 million overhaul which would transform the property into a high-end boutique hotel and martini bar. They selected Denver, Colorado-based Richfield Hospitality Services to operate the hotel. Local designer Peggy Dye & Associates was announced as an equity partner and coordinated the interior design of the the hotel.

The Pickwick Hotel was closed in January 2007. It quietly reopened in early July 2008 as The Hotel Highland. The property was sold to SJP Investment Partners LLC of Atlanta, Georgia for $3.6 million in October 2016 and was converted into a Hotel Indigo. Marshall Hotels & Resorts of Salisbury, Maryland began operating the rebranded hotel in 2018.

References

External links

Locate with
Google Maps