July 9 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2010: John W. Stewart III married Jennifer Paige Boland in St Augustine, Florida.
- 2004: A 30-year reunion for the Birmingham Americans began at the Alabama Sports Hall of Fame.
- 2000: The 2000 Jehovah's Witnesses Convention ended at the BJCC.
- 1999: 1999 WCW Thunder ended at the BJCC.
- 1914: A planned day-long picnic for black residents at Avondale Park was canceled after criticism from the Avondale Civic League.
- 1873: Physician Charles Whelan Jr was born in Gallion, Hale County.
- 1830: Alburto Martin was born in Jefferson County.
- 1804: William Browne was born in Waltham, Vermont.
- 2005: Masada Resource Group founder Daryl Harms died in Birmingham.
- 2002: Alabama Christian Movement for Human Rights Choir director Carlton Reese died.
- 1922: Newspaper publisher Edward Barrett died.