November 13 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2007: Larry Langford was sworn in as Mayor of Birmingham.
- 1985: The Diabetes Research and Education Building was renamed in honor of Buris Boshell.
- 1978: The Alabama Historical Commission listed Calera's Jones-Bailey Cemetery on the Alabama Register of Landmarks & Heritage.
- 1913: George Ward was sworn in as President of the new Birmingham City Commission.
- 1867: Alabama State University opened with 113 students.
- 1958: Alabama and UAB basketball player Norman Anchrum was born.
- 1927: Actor Hal Lynch was born in Birmingham.
- 1910: Journalist and novelist William Bradford Huie was born in Hartselle.
- 1904: Lieutenant Governor and Birmingham Mayor Albert Boutwell was born in Montgomery.
- 1899: Archer Howard Hill was born in Wilsonville.