November 3 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2014: Connie Hill became president and CEO of Girls Inc. of Central Alabama .
- 2011: The matter of approving funds for an on-campus football stadium for UAB was removed from the University of Alabama Board of Trustees agenda, effectively stopping the project.
- 2003: President George W. Bush visited Birmingham.
- 1990: Bob Truett retired from being director of the Birmingham Zoo.
- 1921: The present Jasper First United Methodist Church building was dedicated.
- 1910: 5 miners were killed in the 1910 Yolande No. 1 Mine explosion.
- 1891: Andrew Beard was granted a patent for a rotary engine.
- 1866: The reconstructed Brierfield Ironworks produced its first iron.
- 1981: Pro football player Karlos Dansby was born in Birmingham.
- 1971: NBA player Darrin Hancock was born.
- 1951: Bassist Tom Blosser was born as Sudo Yoshiro in Muroran, Hokkaido, Japan.
- 1923: John Rice Jr, pastor of Westminster Presbyterian Church, was born.