July 5 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2010: Brick & Tin opened.
- 2008: An early morning double homicide outside Banana Joe's spelled the end for the nightclub.
- 2006: Richard Wallington retired as CFO of Books-A-Million.
- 2006: Architect Hugh Stubbins died in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- 1967: Basketball player Alan Ogg was born.
- 1966: Birmingham Black Barons player and Baseball Hall of Famer Mule Suttles died in Newark, New Jersey.
- 1920: UAB professor and radio host Maree Blackwell was born.
- 1911: Business owner John Farr, Sr was born.
- 1856: Attorney and Birmingham City Commissioner James Weatherly was born in Coweta County, Georgia.