2022 World Games medals
The 2022 World Games medals were awarded to the Gold, Silver, and Bronze winners of the various events at the 2022 World Games. The medals were designed by Birmingham artist Bill Hoffman. The front of the medal features prominent local landmarks such as Vulcan and Sloss Furnaces within the logo for the games. The rear of the medal features the official logo of The World Games. Both sides are encircled by the various pictograms of the individual sports featured at the games.
The medals were revealed on February 23, 2022 at the Alabama Sports Hall of Fame. At this event the three medals were presented to three Alabama athletes in a similar manner to a medal ceremony by the honorary life president of the International World Games Association, Ron Froehlich. The athletes that participated included:
- Gold medal – Jennifer Chandler who won the gold medal in the women's 3-metre springboard event at the 1976 Summer Olympics.
- Silver medal – Mark Everett who participated in middle-distance running events at the 1988, 1992, and 2000 Olympics. He also served as head track and field coach at Birmingham-Southern College.
- Bronze medal – Bryan Kirkland who is an Oneonta native and won gold medals as part of the wheelchair rugby USA Paralympic team in 2000 and 2008, and the bronze medal in 2004.
At the games, each medalist also received a miniature Vulcan trophy. Approximately 2,000 of these trophies were designed, engineered, and fabricated by Manufacture Good.
- Garrison, Greg (February 23, 2022) "World Games medals revealed, featuring Vulcan, Sloss Furnace." The Birmingham News
- Alabama NewsCenter Staff (March 5, 2022) "The World Games 2022 reveals gold, silver and bronze medals" Alabama News Center
- "The World Games 2022 medal reveal" The World Games
- Goodman, Joseph (July 16, 2022) "Podium reactions to Vulcan trophy highlight World Games." The Birmingham News