Pack Health is a Birmingham-based company that provides internet-based platforms for coaching individuals who are managing chronic medical conditions. The company was founded at the Innovation Depot in 2013 by Will Wright and Mazi Rasulnia.
Taking advantage of Affordable Care Act requirements for health management outside of hospital settings, Pack Health developed educational packets which could be prescribed by physicians for patients to take home after hospital stays, and also provided a service for trained advisers to check in with them by telephone.
In 2018 Pack Health entered into a strategic investment partnership with the Boston-based medical liability insurer Coverys. That same year the company partnered with Alabama Power, the Alabama Department of Commerce, REV Birmingham, the City of Birmingham, Jefferson County Commission and the Birmingham Business Alliance on public incentives for a $2.9 million expansion and return to the downtown area. They joined with the Omega Realty Group to take over the lease on the former Entrepreneurial Center building at 110 12th Street North. Since renamed the "Pack Health Building," it has also provided office space for other medical technology start-ups recruited to Birmingham through the efforts of the Alabama Futures Fund.
In 2019 Pack Health worked to integrate its coaching program with the diabetes management platform distributed by Glooko of Mountain View, California.
- Alexander, Alan (October 29, 2014) "Birmingham startup Pack Health looks to fill a new prescription." Birmingham Business Journal
- Alexander, Alan (January 11, 2016) "Innovation Depot company moving HQ to Avondale." Birmingham Business Journal
- Davis, Carla (November 7, 2016) "Birmingham’s Pack Health reaches out to people with chronic conditions." Alabama NewsCenter
- Patchen, Tyler (January 31, 2018) "Pack Health experiencing massive growth." Birmingham Business Journal
- Thornton, William (July 29, 2019) "Pack Health partners on diabetes blood sugar control system." The Birmingham News
- Pack Health website