Main Street (Gardendale)
Main Street is a predominantly north-south road approximately 1.5 miles long in Gardendale.
Main Street was part of the original stage coach route along Stouts Road through northern Jefferson County. The original path of the road split off on a loop following the currently-discontinuous King Road and Jamestown Manor Drive. There is documentation that a toll booth was located at the Price Plantation in the vicinity of the former Rogers Area Vocational Center of Gardendale High School.
Main Street was replaced as the primary north-south road through the city by the construction of the current Decatur Highway immediately to the east in the 1950s.
The south end of Main Street continues from the Gardendale city limits at the border between Gardendale and Fultondale. The road continues north, crosses Fieldstown Road, and continues until it dead-ends into Treasure Trail.
- For an alphabetical list of locations, see the Main Street (Gardendale) category.
- From south to north. Only select intersections are included; there are several additional intersections with residential roads.
- road continues from Stouts Road in Fultondale
- 327: Gardendale Public Works department
- Jamestown Manor Drive intersects (east only)
- Odum Road intersects (west only)
- 650: Adorned Boutique (opened August 2017; closed December 31, 2019), formerly Steel City Ministries, Buettner Brothers Hardware Store
- West Tarrant Drive intersects (east only)
- 701: Files Discount Tire (1978-)
- 727: former location of Love Piano (-2018)
- 732: Gardendale Cleaners
- 733: Charter Communications
- 749: Crossfit gym
- 753: Alabama State College of Barber Styling, former location of Paula McCarty Photography
- 754: Southern Focus Vision Center
- 758: former location of Baptist Health Center
- Gardendale Civic Complex
- 800: Gardendale High School, formerly Rogers Area Vocational Center
- 805: former location of Kinder-Care
- 809: Mordecai Plaza
- Mount Olive Road intersection
- Fieldstown Road intersection
- Village Green Shopping Center
- The Garden Shopping Center
- 1102: Bryan Knox Realty (2020-), former location of Market 414 (opened November 2018; closed May 2019), The Secret Garden Flowers and Gifts (-June 2018), Enterprise Rent A Car (-2017)
- 1105: Firestone tire and auto center
- 1106-1108: Stephen Grimes Law Offices
- 1110: former location of North Jefferson News
- 1120: Taylor Bug's Kids Boutique & Consignment (2017-)
- 1123: Jack Fields Realty
- 1124: Gardendale Nutrition (opened February 12, 2021)
- 1140: Farmers Insurance
- 1218: Our Place restaurant
- 1224: Becky's Health Food
- 1226: former location of Gardendale Jewelers (1967-2014)
- 1230: Tanya's Boutique & Home Store
- 1304: Stoner Family Dentistry (2019-)
- Veterans Memorial Park (Gardendale)
- 1318: J&J Drugs and Compounding Center
- 1322: Dominoes Pizza (opened October 2019)
- 1324: Pediatric & Adolescent Dentistry
- 1326: Spanish Plaza
- 1328: Wilson Florist & Gifts
- road ends at Treasure Trail road