April 3 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2006: The Shelby Biomedical Research Building was dedicated at UAB.
- 2000: Compass Bank acquired the MegaBank Financial Corporation of Denver, Colorado.
- 1987: A rare snowfall brought 5 inches to Birmingham.
- 1967: The Popeye Show, starring Cousin Cliff aired in color for the first time.
- 1963: The Birmingham Campaign began with the release of Fred Shuttlesworth's "Birmingham Manifesto".
- 1941: The Homewood Theatre reopened after remodeling.
- 1884: The Eureka Land Company sold 442 acres of King's Spring to the officers of the newly-formed Avondale Land Company for $52,500.