April 11 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2010: The Anne Frank tree at Kelly Ingram Park was dedicated.
- 2008: Several Florida and Georgia subsidiary banks of Alabama National BanCorporation were converted to RBC Bank branches.
- 2007: The Birmingham Design Review Committee approved demolition of the historic Birmingham News building.
- 2002: Pat Byington's appointment to the Alabama Environmental Management Commission was unanimously confirmed by the Alabama Senate.
- 1996: Compass Bank acquired Equitable Bankshares of Dallas, Texas.
- 1987: The inaugural Alabama Derby was held at the Birmingham Turf Club.
- 1980: The Waters Building was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
- 1963: The Birmingham Public Library board voted to desegregate on the recommendation of director Fant Thornley.
- 1961: Judy Garland performed with a 28-piece orchestra at Municipal Auditorium.
- 1952: Harold Wilson was presented with the Medal of Honor by President Harry Truman.
- 1948: The last streetcar ran on the No. 5 Ensley-Fairfield streetcar line
- 1927: The Birmingham Public Library opened its doors on Woodrow Wilson Park.
- 1899: William McQueen married Lydia Edwards.
- 1860: The Shelby Furnace produced the first finished iron bar to be made in Alabama.
- 1828: Poet Mary Ware was born in Monroe County, Tennessee.
- 1978: Pitcher Josh Hancock was born in Cleveland, Mississippi.
- 1900: Aviator, explorer and inventor Donald Beatty was born in Birmingham.
- 1849: Real estate developer Anderson Blevins was born in Alabama.
- 2008: Babec, a gorilla at the Birmingham Zoo, was euthanized.
- 1930: Real estate executive Alexander Dearborn.
- 2003: Birmingham Steeldogs 57 - Bossier City Battle Wings 43 at the BJCC.
- 1992: Birmingham Fire 17 - London Monarchs 17 at Wembley Stadium (the only WLAF game ever to end in a tie).
- 1978: Former president Gerald Ford joined Elbert Jemison, Bear Bryant and Arnold Palmer for a round of golf at the Pine Tree Country Club.
- 1912: Brooklyn Dodgers pitcher Eddie Dent made his last Major League appearance.