April 29 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2011: Barack Obama toured damage associated with the April 2011 tornado outbreak in Tuscaloosa.
- 2008: The Blaze statue in the Bartow Arena concourse was dedicated.
- 2007: Birmingham Zoo gorilla Babec underwent a 7-hour operation to replace his artificial pacemaker.
- 2006: Birmingham Steeldogs 40 - South Georgia Wildcats 34 in Albany, Georgia.
- 2006: The Tragic City Rollers hosted "Skate Against Rape" at the Funtime Skate Center in Fultondale.
- 2002: Ground was broken for the Shelby Biomedical Research Building on the site of the former Mortimer Jordan Hall at UAB.
- 2000: Birmingham Steeldogs 36 - Roanoke Steam 34 a the BJCC Arena.
- 1991: Birmingham Fire 16 - San Antonio Riders 12 at Legion Field.
- 1984: Birmingham Stallions 31, Denver Gold 14 at Mile High Stadium in Denver, Colorado.
- 1960: The City of Hueytown was incorporated.
- 1921: The Birmingham Music Festival staged the first symphonic concert performed by a local orchestra at the Jefferson Theatre.
- 1919; 22 miners were killed in the 1919 Majestic Mine explosion.
- 1889: Ensley Furnace No. 1 was blown in.
- 1868: Banker William Berney married Lizzie J. Taylor of Montgomery.