April 6 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2016: The Rotary Trail on 1st Avenue South opened to the public.
- 1984: Wayne Newton headlined a concert at Boutwell Auditorium.
- 1963: Fred Shuttlesworth was arrested during a peaceful march to Birmingham City Hall.
- 1909: The Birmingham Terminal Station was dedicated during a day of festivities.
- 1893: The Avondale Town Hall was destroyed by fire.
- 1977: Baseball player Andy Phillips was born in Tuscaloosa.
- 1973: UAB Blazers football coach Garrick McGee was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- 1972: Actor and former HealthSouth executive Jason Hervey was born in Los Angeles, California.
- 1968: Political activist Ron Crumpton was born in Alabaster.
- 1955: Actor Michael Rooker was born in Jasper.
- 1876: Engineer and mycologist Joens Fries was born in Sweden.
- 2014: Architect Jim Pfaffman died in Birmingham.
- 1998: Country singer Tammy Wynette died of cardiac arrythmia in Nashville, Tennessee.
- 2006: West Tennessee Diamond Jaxx 6, Birmingham Barons 3 on opening night at the Hoover Metropolitan Stadium.
- 2002: Tulsa Talons 55, Birmingham Steeldogs 42 at Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- 1909: Carlton Molesworth took his 1909 Birmingham Barons to Tuscaloosa for an exhibition game against the Alabama Crimson Tide baseball team.