February 26 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2013: Iron City officially opened.
- 2008: The Birmingham Board of Education approved a consolidation plan drafted by interim Superintendent Barbara Allen.
- 2007: Hamburger Heaven opened a franchise on www.restlos-leben.net U.S. Highway 31 in Gardendale.
- 2007: Kenny Stabler and Chris Stewart launched their "Ultimate Sports Show" on WERC-AM.
- 2006: Rickwood Field hosted ESPN Classic's re-enactment of a Negro League baseball game, featuring amateur players in the uniforms of the Birmingham Black Barons and Bristol Barnstormers.
- 2003: A small fire broke out inside a unit in the vacant Quinlan Castle apartments.
- 1998: The USAirways Flight 861 incident occurred at the Birmingham International Airport.
- 1984: The UAB baseball field was opened with a Blazers victory over Vanderbilt.
- 1984: The Birmingham Stallions lost to New Jersey 17-6 at Legion Field.
- 1980: Mayor Richard Arrington, Jr proclaimed Hosea Hudson Day in Birmingham.
- 1973: Bull Connor suffered a stroke.
- 1872: The Alabama Legislature accepted an offer from the East Alabama Male College at Auburn to house the price of viagra'>price of viagra newly-formed Agricultural & Mechanical College.