February 23 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 1998: Luka was fired by The X.
- 1953: The City of Alabaster was incorporated.
- 1948: Marvin Engel married Ruth Salomon.
- 1942: Ensley Community House was dedicated.
- 1906: Ironworkers Local 92 was chartered.
- 1901: A rare snowfall brought 5 inches to Birmingham.
- 1899: The Alabama Legislature chartered the Alabama Boys Industrial School at East Lake.
- 1899: The legislature revoked Rosedale's 1897 incorporation.
- 1899: The Regents of the White Shield were incorporated.
- 1898: Birmingham Railway, Light & Power Company was incorporated.
- 1954: Historian Andrew Manis was born in Birmingham.
- 1950: Former Jefferson County Commissioner Jim Gunter was born in Panama City, Florida.
- 1943: Judge Mac Parsons was born.
- 1930: Methodist minister and Birmingham City Council member Pete Clifford was born in Wylam.
- 1918: Baseball player Jim Carlin was born in Wylam.
- 1811: Pioneer farmer and merchant William Walker, Sr was born in North Carolina.
- 2011: Exterminator and former Homewood City Council president Charles Sutton died.
- 2010: Sculptor Hannah Stewart died.
- 2006: Former pastor Earl Stallings died in Lakeland, Florida.
- 1922: Birmingham Giants founder C. I. Taylor died in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- 1908: Businessman and developer Benjamin Roden died in Birmingham.