February 13 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2008: UAB student and Iraq War veteran Michael Rudolph began holding a vigil to bring attention to the non-functioning "Eternal Flame of Freedom" at Linn Park.
- 2006: The Hoover Historical Society installed a historic marker at Ross Bridge.
- 1980: The Jefferson County Assisted Housing Corporation was incorporated.
- 1960: A rare snowfall left 2.3 inches in Birmingham.
- 1943: James Kidd Jr married Anne Kidd at her parents' home.
- 1913: A rare snowfall left 2.0 inches in Birmingham.
- 1909: President-elect William H. Taft spoke briefly from his train car at Birmingham Terminal Station.
- 1843: The City of Tuskegee was incorporated.
- 1977: Model Tina Watson was born.
- 1929: Eufaula Tribune publisher Joel P. Smith was born in Geneva County.
- 1923: TCI product representative Harry U. Gilmer was born.
- 1909: Rick Woodward and his wife Annie celebrated the birth of their daughter Anne.
- 1893: One-term congressman John Newsome was born in Memphis, Tennessee.
- 1870: Legislator Jere King was born in Butler County.
- 2018: Peanut vendor Berry Perry died.
- 2015: Bobbie Jo Parsons died.
- 2011: Actress Dona Hardekopf died.
- 1996: The original Birmingham Bill groundhog died.