February 15 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2008: New Hope Baptist Church pastor Gregory Clarke began serving a 21 month sentence for filing false tax returns.
- 2006: Kwanza the lion went on display at the Birmingham Zoo.
- 1958: The 1958 Salute to Italy came to a close.
- 1953: The new building for St Theresa Catholic Church in Leeds was dedicated.
- 1876: Charles Hooper married Carrie Lee Harrell in Blount County.
- 1859: James Luckie married Eliza Fielder in Newton County, Georgia.
- 2009: Edward, a Baringo giraffe, was born at the Dickerson Park Zoo in Springfield, Missouri.
- 1922: Roosevelt City mayor Freddie C. Rogers was born in Sumter County.
- 1876: Birmingham Barons Hall of Fame player/manager Carlton Molesworth was born in Frederick, Maryland.
- 2013: Attorney and former EWTN CEO Bill Steltemeier died.
- 2006: Former 6th Avenue Baptist Church pastor John Porter died.
- 1997: Alabama Supreme Court justice Oscar Adams Jr died.
- 1949: Artist William Parish died in San Diego, California.