February 10 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2003: "European Masterpieces: Six Centuries of Paintings from the National Gallery of Victoria, Australia" opened at the Birmingham Museum of Art.
- 1901: Ensley Highlands Presbyterian Church was organized.
- 1899: Temperatures plunged and 10 inches of snow fell on Birmingham.
- 1887: The Alabama State Legislature passed a local prohibition law forbidding the sale of liquor within 1 1/2 miles of Avondale Springs (but not applicable to incorporated areas of Birmingham).
- 1987: UAB Blazers assistant basketball coach Kevin Devitt was born in Chicago, Illinois.
- 1982: Soccer player Cat Whitehill was born.
- 1957: State Auditor Samantha Shaw was born.
- 1950: Folk artist Lonnie Holley was born.
- 1921: Blues and boogie-woogie pianist Big Joe Duskin was born.
- 2009: Businessman Kirkwood Balton died.
- 2007: Country guitarist Johnny Mack Gore died.
- 2001: Auburn football star Gump Ariail died in Fayetteville, North Carolina.
- 1949: Mining engineer John Henry Adams died.
- 1925: Physician, inventor and poet Orion Dozier died.
- 1875: Eliza Jane Linn died.