February 12 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2011: Investment banker Jack Shannon died in Birmingham.
- 1991: The first mayor and council for newly-incorporated Indian Springs Village were installed.
- 1972: Jack Benny appeared with the Birmingham Symphony.
- 1966: Environmental lobbyist Pat Byington was born.
- 1950: Business owner Margie George was born.
- 1936: The Boswell Sisters recorded their last songs together.
- 1914: The East Lake Library opened on the second floor of East Lake City Hall.
- 1913: Construction on the Roden Hotel began.
- 1874: The first edition of Birmingham Iron Age was printed.