February 25 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2014: Trussville residents passed a seven mill property tax increase, earmarked for Trussville City Schools.
- 2011: Gus Mayer relocated to The Summit.
- 2008: RBC Bank completed the acquisition of Alabama National BanCorporation.
- 2006: The Books-A-Million at Eastwood Mall closed.
- 1921: Hueytown High School held its first classes.
- 1961: Davey Allison was born in Hollywood, Florida.
- 1912: Baseball player Millard Hayes was born in Montevallo.
- 1829: Governor Rufus Cobb was born in Ashville.