June 9 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2012: 2012 Shelby County Airport plane crash.
- 2009: Dyron's Lowcountry opened in Crestline Village.
- 2007: Jamie Langley was crowned Miss Alabama at Samford University.
- 2006: The Alabama Symphony Orchestra performed at Sounds for Summer at Caldwell Park.
- 2005: Joran van der Sloot and Deepak and Satish Kalpoe were first arrested on charges of involvement in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway.
- 2004: Bill Pryor's nomination to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit was confirmed by the U.S. Senate.
- 1908: The 1908 Reunion of the United Confederate Veterans opened in Birmingham.
- 1894: The Birmingham Medical College was founded.
- 1952: Filmmaker Sandy Jaffe was born in Birmingham.
- 1941: Sports promoter Art Clarkson was born in Chicago, Illinois.
- 1935: Businessman Kirkwood Balton was born in Birmingham.
- 1913: Episcopal priest Cotesworth Lewis was born in Birmingham.
- 2006: Walter Hill was found shot to death in his home.
- 2000: Former Birmingham mayor David Vann died in Birmingham.
- 1929: LeRoy Pratt Percy, father of Walker Percy, committed suicide.
- 2013: David Frost finished one stroke ahead of Fred Couples to win a rain-soaked Regions Tradition.
- 2000: Birmingham Steeldogs 56 - Arkansas Twisters 45 at the BJCC Arena.
- 1979: Alabama Vulcans 48 - Florida Firebirds 0 at Legion Field.
- 1965: Santiago Rosario hit two triples vs Chattanooga to tie a Birmingham Barons record.