June 19 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2008: A fire destroyed 10 units at Nob Hill Apartments off Valley Avenue.
- 2006: The UAB Heart and Vascular Center was dedicated.
- 2001: Malayan tiger Kumar arrived at the Birmingham Zoo.
- 1999: Julie Smith was crowned Miss Alabama at the Leslie S. Wright Fine Arts Center.
- 1998: City Stages kicked off its 10th year at Linn Park.
- 1992: 4th Annual City Stages began.
- 1991: The Jefferson County Beautification Board was created.
- 1979: The 1979 National Prohibition Convention concluded at Motel Birmingham.
- 1976: The Jefferson County Historical Commission dedicated a historical marker on Morris Avenue.
- 1957: The Colonial Store on 26th Street North in Norwood opened.
- 1933: The Alabaster Water Works was incorporated.
- 1972: Meteorologist James-Paul Dice was born in Florida.
- 1970: Pro football player Chris Gray was born in Homewood.
- 1964: Motorcycle racing champion Kevin Schwantz was born in Houston, Texas.
- 1945: Writer Tobias Wolff was born in Birmingham.
- 1921: U. S. Senator Howell Heflin was born in Poulan, Georgia.
- 1866: Mayor of Birmingham Culpepper Exum was born in Marion County, South Carolina.
- 2012: Rapper Deandrea "Teddy T" Thomas was murdered in Pratt City.
- 2002: Philanthropist Audrey Skirball-Kenis died in Los Angeles, California.
- 1910: Liquor wholesaler and civic leader Isaac Hochstadter died.