June 2 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2010: 2010 Rickwood Classic at Rickwood Field.
- 2008: Mary Anne Blake died in a car accident.
- 2007: Alabaster CityFest was held.
- 2006: Home Builders Blitz 2006 began.
- 2005: Maynard, a lion at the Birmingham Zoo, was euthanized.
- 2005: Spivey's Hobby and Toys in the old West End Theater building was destroyed by fire.
- 2001: Birmingham Steeldogs 57 - Pensacola Barracudas 48 at the BJCC Arena.
- 2001: The Oakachoy Bridge in Coosa County was burned down.
- 2000: Birmingham Steeldogs 86 - Tallahassee Thunder 74 at the BJCC Arena.
- 2000: LaJara's in Trussville was destroyed by fire.
- 1979: Alabama Vulcans 14 - Mississippi Stars 3 at Mississippi.
- 1966: The Coosa River north of Neely Henry Dam was impounded to become Lake Neely Henry.
- 1946: The Memorial to the Spanish American War was dedicated at Woodrow Wilson Park.
- 1937: R&B singer Jimmy Jones was born in Birmingham.
- 1924: Children's Hospital opened a new dedicated hospital building at 7th Avenue and 31st Street North
- 1918: Author Kathryn Tucker Windham was born in Selma.
- 1915: Henry Milner married Susie Martin.