June 11 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2016: Hayley Barber was crowned Miss Alabama.
- 2010: Southern disComfort IV scooter rally began at Magic City Motor Scooters.
- 2007: The Inverness Country Club clubhouse was destroyed by fire.
- 1982: A bomb exploded at the entrance to the New Spot Lounge gentlemen's club. No one was injured.
- 1963: Governor George Wallace made his "stand in the schoolhouse door" at the University of Alabama. Vivian Malone and James Hood registered later that day.
- 1953: Howard College broke ground on its new campus in Shades Valley.
- 1952: The Alabama Court of Criminal Appeals threw out Bull Connor's convictions on charges of disorderly conduct, joint occupancy of a hotel room with a member of the opposite sex, and extramarital sexual intercourse.
- 1948: The Birmingham Junior Chamber of Commerce asked Mayor Cooper Green to support its "Coats Off Campaign".
- 1913: Buffalo Bill’s Wild West and Pawnee Bill’s Far East paraded through downtown Birmingham and put on shows at Smith's Park.
- 1908: The 1908 Reunion of the United Confederate Veterans concluded in Birmingham.
- 1901: William D. Jelks succeeded William J. Samford as Governor of Alabama.
- 1890: The cornerstone for St Paul's Cathedral was laid.
- 1890: South Highland Presbyterian Church purchased its present property from the Elyton Land Company for $2,500.
- 1881: Charles Linn celebrated his 67th birthday during a lunar eclipse at Linn's Park.
- 1987: Football player Tyler Grisham was born in Birmingham.
- 1962: John Mark Stallings, son of Alabama head coach Gene Stallings, was born.
- 1957: Dewayne Davis, founder of UAB Gospel Choir and More Than Conquerors Faith Church, was born.
- 1923: Bill Edmonds was born to Rev & Mrs Henry Edmonds.
- 1904: Boogie-Woogie pianist Pinetop Smith was born in Orion, Pike County.
- 1951: John Hodnett married Mary Anne Quinnelly.
- 2013: Jazz guitarist Johnny Smith died in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- 2009: Convicted murderer Jack Trawick was executed at Holman Prison in Atmore.
- 2007: Businessman and community activist Cecil Bauer died.
- 1935: Hardware salesman and former Alderman Harry Jones died.
- 1907: Senator John Tyler Morgan died in Washington D.C.
- 1893: Alabama State Chemist Nathaniel Lupton died in Auburn.
- 1871: Minister Walter Drennen died.
- 2005: Louisville Fire 69 - Birmingham Steeldogs 61 at the BJCC Arena.
- 2003: Birmingham Barons 5 - Huntsville Stars 1 at the 2003 Rickwood Classic.
- 2000: Mobile BayBears 5 - Birmingham Barons 4 at the 2000 Rickwood Classic.
- 1983: Birmingham Stallions 31 - Boston Breakers 19 at Legion Field.