October 15 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2009: Dodiyós opened in SoHo Square.
- 2009: Forever Wild acquired 94-year hunting leases for the 33,280-acre Mulberry Fork WMA Tract and 27,894-acre Cahaba River WMA Tract.
- 2007: Mobile's BankTrust acquired Selma's Peoples Bank and Trust Company.
- 2005: Vestavia's DeWayne Miner set the Alabama one-mile run record at the Alabama State One Mile Road Championship in Florence.
- 2005: The 31st St Clair County Fall Festival was held near Ashville.
- 1984: Jacksonville State volleyball coach Abby Beam was born in Ohio.
- 1961: Joseph Zoettl, creator of Ave Maria Grotto, died at St Bernard Abbey's infirmary in Cullman.
- 1941: Bar owner Marty Eagle was born.
- 1937: 34 miners were killed in the 1937 Mulga Mine explosion.
- 1932: Race car driver Red Farmer was born.
- 1929: Minister Lee Smith was born in Birmingham.
- 1890: Alabama Penny Savings Bank was founded.
- 1887: William Wier was hired as a patrolman by Birmingham Police Chief A. O. Pickard.