October 14 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2014: Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen opened on U.S. Highway 280.
- 2010: John W. Stewart III was inaugurated president of the University of Montevallo.
- 2010: The North Birmingham EcoScape opened.
- 2008: The 3rd Hewitt-Trussville High School building opened to students.
- 2006: The Race for the Cure was held at Linn Park.
- 2006: The Harambee Festival was held in West End.
- 2006: The 32nd annual St Clair County Fall Festival was held in Ashville.
- 2006: The Jones Valley Fun Day Festival was held at Wiggins Park and featured a launch by the Birmingham Rocket Boys.
- 2003: The 2003 Birmingham mayoral election was held, sending Bernard Kincaid and Carole Smitherman to a runoff.
- 2003: Eric Robert Rudolph was charged in connection with several bombings, including one in Birmingham.
- 2003: Vida Blue released their record The Illustrated Band.
- 1993: Compass Bank acquired First Federal Savings Bank of Northwest Florida.
- 1988: The Doctor's Center on 18th Street South was rededicated in honor of optometrist Paul Worrell.
- 1988: A regional ATOS convention was held at the Alabama Theatre.
- 1964: Martin Luther King, Jr was awarded the Nobel Prize for Peace.
- 1929: Hollywood was annexed into Homewood.
- 1892: The faculty and student body of the relocating Southern Female University arrived at Union Station and were said to have been greeted by a crowd of 10,000 well-wishers.
- 1872: Birmingham's first theatrical productions, "East Lynne" and "Everybody's Wife" were staged at Sublett Hall.
- 1982: Attorney Jeremy Schatz was born.
- 1953: Attorney Willie Florence was born.
- 1944: Sewanee School of Theology Dean Guy Lytle was born in Birmingham.
- 1940: Miles College head football coach Billy Joe was born in South Carolina.
- 1927: Grocer Dominic Lusco was born.
- 1926: Musician Bill Justis was born in Birmingham.
- 2014: Former Alabama Education Association president Paul Hubbert died.
- 2012: Formal wear stores founder J. O. Tant Jr died.
- 1941: Mining engineer Herbert Salmon died.
- 1892: University of Alabama President Carlos Smith died in Palatka, Florida.
- 2006: The UAB Blazers lost 34-33 at Rice University.
- 2002: In an infamous touchdown celebration, Terrell Owens signed a football with a Sharpie hidden in his sock.
- 2000: UAB defeated Memphis 13-9 at Legion Field in the 3rd Battle for the Bones.
- 1983: The Birmingham Bulls (ACHL) were evicted from the BJCC Coliseum.
- 1940: Boxer Izzy Jannazzo won a welterweight title over Cocoa Kid at Carlin’s Park in Baltimore, Maryland.