October 13 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2008: The Trussville Civic Center celebrated its official ribbon-cutting.
- 2007: BSC Panthers lost 43-17 to Austin College in Sherman, Texas.
- 2007: Samford lost at UT Martin 21-31.
- 2007: UAB Blazers won their homecoming game 26-21 over Tulane at Legion Field.
- 2006: Wes Chapman's Dracula was revived by the Alabama Ballet.
- 2005: The 2005 NOMA convention was held at the Sheraton Birmingham.
- 2005: Vivian Malone, the first black graduate of the University of Alabama, died in Atlanta, Georgia.
- 2005: Insurance excutive and Samford University trustee Andrew Hodges died in Birmingham.
- 1995: The Birmingham Barracudas defeated the Shreveport Pirates 29-28 at Shreveport Independence Stadium.
- 1971: Architects Felton Collier and Caroll Harmon presented their Master Plan for the Birmingham Zoo.
- 1969: State senator Scott Beason was born in Hartselle.
- 1953: The City of Adamsville was re-incorporated.
- 1941: Cooper Green was re-elected President of the Birmingham City Commission.
- 1920: Insurance executive and Mountain Brook mayor Lee McGriff was born in Birmingham.
- 1914: Joseph Durick was born in Dayton, Tennessee.
- 1913: Businessman Kenneth Daniel was born.
- 1846: Edward M. Tutwiler was born at Palmyra in Fluvanna County, Virginia.