March 29 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2013: A fire in the vacant S. J. Bennett Professional Building resulted in a structural collapse.
- 2012: Freshfully won the Occupy Avondale contest for 6 months free rent at 200 41st Street South.
- 2008: Anglican bishop William Wilson was consecrated at Samford University's Beeson Divinity School.
- 2008: Edgewood Creamery opened.
- 2001: Chris McNair resigned from the Jefferson County Commission.
- 1978: Shaun Cassidy performed at the BJCC Coliseum.
- 1964: The 1964 Billy Graham Easter Rally was held at Legion Field.
- 1954: Loveman's opened a new store in the former Erlick's location in downtown Bessemer.
- 1941: WSGN-AM moved to frequency AM 610.
- 1911: Christ Episcopal Church was founded in Fairfield.
- 1899: Elizabeth White graduated from Birmingham Medical College.
- 1883: The Mary Pratt Furnace Company was incorporated.
- 2014: Irondale Police Department drug detection dog J-R died.
- 2005: Former Judge and Senator Howell Heflin died in Sheffield.
- 2002: Former Harvard dean and Miles College professor John Monro died in LaVerne, California.
- 1998: Marine officer and Medal of Honor recipient Harold Wilson died in Lexington, South Carolina.
- 1985: Former Surgeon General Luther Terry died in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- 1982: Educator and Birmingham City Council member Bessie Estell died.