September 6 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2014: Remy's Dog Park at Red Mountain Park was dedicated.
- 2013: The annual Artwalk event began.
- 2008: The 2008 Equal Voice National Convention was held in Birmingham.
- 2007: The merger of Alabama National BanCorporation and RBC Centura Bank was announced.
- 1943: The USS Birmingham (CL-62) arrived at Pearl Harbor to be reassigned to the Pacific Fleet.
- 1927: The Yellowhammer was adopted as the State Bird of Alabama.
- 1925: A reading of telegraphed calls from the game between the Alabama Polytechnic Institute in Auburn and Birmingham-Southern was the first broadcast on WMAV-AM.
- 1973: State Representative Merika Coleman-Evans was born in Suffolk, England.
- 1968: Pastor, Gulf War veteran, and robber Kevin Dudley was born in Ensley.
- 1965: Placekicker Van Tiffin was born in Tupelo, Mississippi.
- 1941: University of Alabama administrator and first Big Al Melford Espey was born in Fairfield.
- 1842: Physician Charles Drennen was born in Walker County.
- 2013: Tennis pro and distance runner Les Longshore died.
- 2011: Businessman Bev Head died from cancer.
- 2007: Quilter Nora Ezell died in Tuscaloosa.
- 2004: Episcopal priest Hugh Agricola died.
- 1976: Architect Walter Holmquist died.
- 2008: Samford Bulldogs defeated the second-year Faulker Eagles 62-0 before a Seibert Stadium crowd of 6,272.
- 2008: UAB Blazers lost 49-34 to Florida Atlantic in Ft Lauderdale, Florida.
- 2008: BSC Panthers lost to LaGrange College 34-31 at Vestavia Hills High School.
- 2008: Eventual SIAC champions Tuskegee University defeated Miles College 34-0 at Cleve Abbott Memorial Stadium in Tuskegee.
- 2007: Ron Selesky resigned as head coach of the Alabama Steeldogs.
- 2007: BSC Panthers won 41-13 against Mississippi College at Legion Field.
- 1969: The AFL's Miami Dolphins defeated the Boston Patriots 13-0 in an exhibition game at Legion Field.
- 1968: Carlos May began his major league baseball career.
- 1925: Alabama Polytechnic Institute defeated Birmingham-Southern 25-6 at Rickwood Field.