March 19 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2016: Rocky's Pizza closed.
- 2013: Governor Robert Bentley signed Act 2013-67 creating the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency.
- 2007: Cafe.Mac closed for business.
- 2007: Shawn King was named acting chief of the Columbiana Police Department.
- 2003: Richard Scrushy and HealthSouth were indicted on federal fraud charges.
- 2002: Would-be thief Sampson Dearman was found trapped in the shaft of Bob Sykes Bar-B-Q's ventilator hood.
- 1986: Trussville's Happy Hollow District Bridge was listed on the Alabama Register of Landmarks & Heritage.
- 1898: 6 miners died in the 1898 Pratt No. 2 Mine explosion.
- 1875: The Alabama Legislature called a constitutional convention.
- 1930: Pathologist June Fore Shaw was born in Shelby County.
- 1928: John Buchanan Jr, U.S. Representative, was born in Paris, Tennessee.
- 1920: George Huddleston Jr, U.S. Representative, was born.
- 1893: WWI casualty Orville Coston was born in Lincoln County, Tennesseee.
- 1886: Congregationalist pastor Arthur Dycer was born in England.
- 1853: Judge Samuel Greene was born in Jefferson County.
- 2016: Jefferson County Board of Education member Dean Taylor died in a single-vehicle accident.
- 1913: Former Mayor of Avondale Freeman Daniel stepped into an open elevator shaft at the Young & Vann Building and died.
- 1898: 6 miners died in the 1898 Slope No. 2 Mine explosion.