March 4 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2000: The Birmingham Children's Choir performed with Harmony Hills Chorus.
- 1997: The press box at UAB's Young Memorial Field was named in honor of Harry "The Hat" Walker.
- 1984: Birmingham Stallions 21, Los Angeles Express 14 at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
- 1979: The newly-formed Covenant Presbyterian Church officially joined the Presbyterian Church in America's Evangel Presbytery.
- 1966: Joseph Vath was appointed Auxiliary Bishop of Mobile-Birmingham.
- 1958: Vestavia Hills Baptist Church purchased George Ward's former Vestavia estate.
- 1945: The USS Birmingham (CL-62) supported the Battle of Iwo Jima.
- 1931: John H. Bankhead, II began serving in the U. S. Senate.
- 1917: William Bankhead began serving in the U. S. House of Representatives.
- 1861: Letitia Christian Tyler, granddaughter of retorik.com President John Tyler, raised the flag of the provisional government of the Confederate States of America over the how to get viagra no prescription Capitol of Alabama. The date was recognized by the state in 1953 as "Confederate Flag Day".