March 7 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2018: The 2018 Huffman High School shooting took place.
- 2007: Czech president Vaclav Klaus visited the 2007 Spotlight on the Czech Republic
- 2006: UMWA miners picketed the state capitol following incidents at Oak Grove and Shoal Creek mines.
- 2003: Annetta Nunn's tenure as Birmingham Police Chief began.
- 1973: UAB's Diabetes Research and Education Building was dedicated.
- 1898: James Luckie slipped on an apple peel and broke his leg.
- 1887: The Alabama State Legislature passed a local prohibition law forbidding alcohol sales within a two mile radius of "any coaling grounds in Bibb, Jefferson and Tuscaloosa Counties, except incorporated towns."
- 1982: Baseball player Austin Tubb was born.
- 1952: Birmingham Americans kicker Earl Sark was born in Columbus, Ohio.
- 1931: Helena mayor Sonny Penhale was born.
- 1807: Governor Andrew Moore was born in Spartanburg District, South Carolina
- 1887: Sumter Bethea married Miriam Woodward.
- 1824: Peyton King (physician) married Jane Findley in Jefferson County.
- 2010: Bar owner Joe Erben died.
- 2009: Architect Ken Owens died.
- 2009: Pleasant Grove fire chief Bill Waites died.
- 1987: A. H. Woodward, Jr died.
- 1927: Birmingham Ice & Cold Storage Co. president Franklin Rushton died in Birmingham.