March 7 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2009: 15,867 fans attended doubles competition at the 2009 Davis Cup first round tie at the BJCC.
- 2007: Czech president Vaclav Klaus visited the 2007 Spotlight on the Czech Republic
- 2006: UMWA miners picketed the state capitol following incidents at Oak Grove and Shoal Creek mines.
- 2003: Annetta Nunn's tenure as Birmingham Police Chief began.
- 1983: Michigan Panthers 9, Birmingham Stallions 7 at Legion Field.
- 1957: A group of 30 or more Ku Klux Klan members in hoods and robes visited the Birmingham Zoo.
- 1887: Sumter Bethea married Miriam Woodward.
- 1824: Peyton King (physician) married Jane Findley in Jefferson County.
 Births and deaths
- 2010: Bar owner Joe Erben died.
- 2009: Architect Ken Owens died.
- 2009: Pleasant Grove fire chief Bill Waites died.
- 1987: A. H. Woodward, Jr died.
- 1982: Baseball player Austin Tubb was born.
- 1931: Helena mayor Sonny Penhale was born.
- 1927: Birmingham Ice & Cold Storage Co. president Franklin Rushton died in Birmingham.
- 1807: Governor Andrew Moore was born in Spartanburg District, South Carolina