March 14 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2011: Former NYPD detective Butch Ridley died.
- 2010: Tuscaloosa Police Department bomb-sniffing dog Jessi died of a stroke.
- 2008: OmegaCon at the Sheraton Birmingham began.
- 2008: A Navy plane crashed during a training flight in rural St Clair County, killing two Marines.
- 2007: The Birmingham Design Review Committee narrowly approved the request for a demolition permit for the Birmingham News building (1917).
- 1942: Educator Melva Langford was born.
- 1932: Guitarist Johnny Mack Gore was born in Chilton County.
- 1914: Barker School was destroyed by a fire in the boiler room.
- 1888: Rufus Rhodes published the first edition of The Evening News.
- 1882: Music teacher Frank Pfaffenschlaeger died.