March 26 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2015: President Barack Obama delivered remarks on the economy at Lawson State Community College.
- 2008: A settlement was reached between UAB and John Katopodis over the use of the Pita Stop building by Computer Help for Kids.
- 2003: Brasfield & Gorrie suspended work on HealthSouth's "Digital Hospital".
- 2001: HealthSouth announced a partnership with Oracle to construct a "Digital Hospital".
- 2000: "A Mark in Time: Masterworks of Contemporary Alabama Crafts" opened at the Birmingham Museum of Art.
- 1989: Hunter Street Baptist Church opened its worship center on John Hawkins Parkway in Hoover.
- 1983: Phyllis Pope was selected as the first Miss UAB.
- 1919: Agnes Nicholson was the last person to be buried at Elyton Cemetery.
- 1892: David Fox swept the 1892 Birmingham municipal election's Democratic primary.
- 1885: Central Bank of Birmingham was founded by William Berney.
- 1865: Wilson's Raiders skirmished at the Black Warrior River.
- 2017: A family of four from Jackson, Tennessee died in the 2017 Hayden plane crash.
- 1981: Retired U.S. Steel executive and former Jefferson County Board of Education member Carl Bottenfield died in Tuscaloosa.