November 20 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2012: Birmingham's first World of Beer franchise opened at Pickwick Plaza.
- 2011: Former Shelby County Tax Collector Fay Quick died.
- 2008: Artist Mary Ross Strudwick died.
- 2004: Auburn won the Iron Bowl 21-13 in Tuscaloosa.
- 2002: The Galleria Boulevard Flyover opened to traffic at 10:00 a.m.
- 1999: Alabama won the Iron Bowl 28-17 at Jordan-Hare Stadium.
- 1993: Auburn won the Iron Bowl 22-14 at home.
- 1986: Journalist and novelist William Bradford Huie died in Guntersville.
- 1986: Olympic sprinters Emmit King and Lillie Leatherwood were married.
- 1957: Pro Football Hall of Famer Dwight Stephenson was born.
- 1950: "Cousin Cliff" Holman made his television debut as Mr Bingle.
- 1950: Berthon's Cleaners opened their Southside drive-through location at 22nd Street and 7th Avenue South.
- 1921: Fashion designer Charles Kleibacker was born in Cullman.