November 30 in the history of the Birmingham District:
- 2012: VJ's on the Runway was destroyed by fire.
- 2012: Mayor William Bell's police security detail was involved in an shootout on I-20/59.
- 2010: Bob Roller resigned from the athletics directorship at Samford University.
- 2006: Pat Sullivan accepted the head coach position at Samford University.
- 1999: The American Village in Montevallo opened.
- 1954: Ann Hodges was struck by a meteorite in Sylacauga.
- 1893: St Paul's Cathedral was dedicated.
- 1886: Justice James Stiles married Mary C. Porter.
- 1977: Actor Nelsan Ellis was born in Harvey, Indiana.
- 1974: UAB Blazers basketball/football player James Bristow was born.
- 1972: IT services manager David Powell was born.
- 1962: Bo Jackson was born in Bessemer.
- 1948: Artist Longin Soverow was born.
- 1925: Former Senator Maryon Allen was born in Meridian, Mississippi.
- 1924: Morning Show host Tom York was born in Holland, Missouri.
- 1884: Architect Eugene Knight was born in Jacksonville, Florida.
- 1814: Huffman namesake Robert W. Huffman was born in South Carolina.
- 2000: Jazz drummer Wilson Driver died in Harlem, New York.
- 1998: Writer and poet Margaret Walker died.
- 1991: Federal judge Clarence Allgood died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
- 1989: Auto dealer John Farr Sr died.
- 2016: Hoover High School's Buccaneers defeated the McGill-Toolen Catholic High School's Yellow Jackets to claim the AHSAA 7-A football championship at Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn.
- 1939: Auburn and Florida played the first college football game in Jordan-Hare Stadium.
- 2013: The Auburn Tigers defeated the Alabama Crimson Tide 34-28 in the Iron Bowl at Jordan-Hare Stadium.
- 1991: Auburn played their last home game at Legion Field, losing to Alabama 13-6.
- 1985: Alabama won the Iron Bowl.
- 1963: Auburn won the Iron Bowl.
- 1957: Auburn shut out the Tide 40-0 in the Iron Bowl.
- 1893: The second Iron Bowl was played, with Agricultural and Mechanical College (later called Auburn University) winning 40-16.