List of homicides in 2007
This is a List of homicides in 2007. A total of at least 144 homicides were reported in the area during 2007.
Note that a "homicide" refers to the cause of death as determined by a medical examiner, not to the crime of murder as charged by prosecutors and determined by plea or trial.
- October 2: Rebecca Yeager was shot in her home in Woodstock. Her son, Christopher, initially told police that a burglar broke in and shot her, but later became a suspect. He pleaded guilty to murder in 2009 and was sentenced to 20 years. (report)
- October 27: Marrio Dobbins was killed in a drive-by grudge shooting in Anniston. James Anderson Morgan, the shooter, pleaded guilty in September 2010. An alleged accomplice, Eldriecus LaShon "Driec" Elston, was charged a week later. (report)
- June 14: Teresa Whaley Mayfield, 44, was found shot to death in her GMC Yukon near Hale County Road 21 near Moundville. Her ex-husband, Scott Mayfield and two others, Kimberly D. Binion and Willie Underwood, were charged in 2010 with murder, solicitation, and conspiracy to commit murder. (report)
- September 20: Claude Lee Lloyd was killed when Connie Johnson shot him in the neck during an argument at the Footwash Revival. She pleaded guilty to murder and was sentenced to 25 years in prison. (report)
138 homicides them took place in Jefferson County. Based on the county's population of 656,700, the county-wide homicide rate per 100,000 residents was 20.9. (10.3 for areas outside the city limits of Birmingham) This represents an 11% decrease from the 2006 total of 154.
- February 26: Roger Perkins, 45 of 2416 Berkley Avenue shot multiple times (map). Starlin Wayne Moore, 41, of Tuscaloosa charged, and surrendered to police. 
- April 8: Demetrius Lyvell Holmes, 22, was shot in the head after getting into his car outside Big Mike's nightclub on the 1800 block of Long 14th Street (map). Cottrell Watson returned to the nightclub with a friend who had been ejected following an altercation with Holmes. He was charged with capital murder, but pleaded guilty to felony murder in March 2009 and was sentenced to 5 years. (report)
- May 14: Sheila Prevo, an employee of Wachovia Bank on Bessemer Superhighway, was shot during a robbery (map). William Merriweather, Jr faces both state and federal charges of capital murder. His attorneys in federal court asked a judge to declare him incompetent to stand trial. (report)
- May 14: Eva Hudson, an employee of Wachovia Bank on Bessemer Superhighway, was shot during the same bank robbery.
- May 27: Joshua Hughes, 14, shot in back yard of house at 2403 Dartmouth Avenue during a birthday party (map). Rolando Antuain Williamson was charged with murder, but the case was dismissed in 2008. (report)
- June 1: The badly decomposed body of Mary Catherine Williams, 19, was found behind a building at Morgan Road and Drexel Road Southeast near I-459. The so-called "Lipscomb Four", Tarquinne McCain, Lakendall Sims, James Pratt, and Travis Burns, were each charged with capital murder. During Sims' trial prosecutors claimed that Williams was robbed, abducted, sexually assaulted and murdered on May 6. McCain pleaded guilty to intentional murder and was sentenced to life imprisonment. He received another life sentence and two fifty-year sentences in other cases. Pratt and Burns pleaded guilty and were each sentenced to life. Sims was convicted and also sentenced to life. (report)
- June 7: Terence Bernard Jackson, 32, was found shot to death outside his home on the 3300 block of Arlington Avenue. A reward of $5,000 has been offered by the Governor's office. (report)
- June 17: Antonio Johnson, 27, shot in a street fight on the 2700 block of Dartmouth Avenue (map). 
- June 17: Gerald Ausbrook, 27, shot in a street fight on the 2700 block of Dartmouth Avenue (map). 
- July 14: Brian Tracy Watson, 43, was struck by a light blue van on the 3500 block of the Bessemer Super Highway. The driver did not stop. A reward of $5,000 has been offered by the Governor's office. (report)
- July 24: Jeremie Jacques Long, 27, shot in the chest while getting out of his car on the 700 block of 25th Street South. (map). A reward of $5,000 has been offered by the Governor's office. (report)
- August 22: Ricky Danner, 53, shot at 2300 Fairfax Avenue. 
- September 16: Naketa Louise Manuel, 27, was shot on back porch at 2121 17th Street North. A reward of $5,000 has been offered by the Governor's office. (report)
- September 22: Arthur Deshun Johnson, 20, was shot to death at the intersection of 8th Avenue and 28th Street shortly after midnight. No suspects. A reward of $5,000 has been offered by the Governor's office. (report)
- October 19: Melvin Johnson, 23, killed in a triple shooting at the Stop & Go convenience store at 2800 Dartmouth Avenue. Cousins William Johnson, Jr and Justin Johnson (no relation to the victim) were arrested and charged with murder. (report)
- November 26: Timothy Horton, 37, shot in car parked on 2000 block of Carolina Avenue. 
- 93 homicides (list)
- Brian Fitzgerald Walker, 23, was shot to death by Michael Dejuan Cole immediately following an altercation that broke out at the Comfort Zone Club at 3800 Edwards Street. Cole was convicted in November 2008. 
- November 4: Carl Daniel Moneyham, 27, found shot in car off Troy Terrace. Jimmy Lee Carr, Jr and Jason Jerrell Harris have both been charged with capital murder. Harris was convicted in September 2009 and sentenced to life in prison without parole. Carr was convicted in October 2009 and given the same sentence. (report)
- November 4: Donna Michelle Green, 28, was the second victim in the same incident.
- January 23: Saudia Causwell, 20, stabbed during argument in parking lot of the Livingston Oak Apartments at 5401 Livingston Oaks Circle (map). She was 30 weeks pregnant and her child was successfully delivered at UAB Hospital. Joi Gallagher, who has three children by the father of Causwell's child, was convicted of intentional murder in November 2008 and given a life sentence on January 26, 2009. Gallagher was also sentenced to 20 years for the attempted murder of Causwell's son, Santonio. 
- February 17: Jade Amos, 40, shot in barber chair at Lil D's Barber Shop, 1657 Center Point Road (map). 
- December 21: Luis Villanueva, 30, found shot next to his car near his apartment in the 100 block of 14th Avenue Northeast. No arrest. 
- February 25: Marquis Story, 17, shot in the chest in the 400 block of Valley Road. Police believe the shooting to have been accidental. 
- June 26: Michael Grant, 50, was shot multiple times in the chest, apparently by his nephew, outside their house on the 5100 block of Hillside Drive. The suspect is in custody. 
- July 18: Cedric Burch, 23, was shot at the Mobil station at 3639 Richard M. Scrushy Parkway. Damien McDaniel and Alphonza Holmes are sought as suspects, but remain at large. 
- October 19: Fernando Flores shot in his residence in the Magnolia Park Apartments at 1007 Honey Locust Lane near Valley Avenue (map). 
- July 8: Maurice Grainger, 64, found shot at home at 1604 Colesbury Circle. Presumed to be have carried out a murder-suicide. 
- July 8: Barbara Grainger, 66 and an unnamed male found shot at home at 1604 Colesbury Circle. Presumed to be victim and perpetrator of a murder-suicide. 
- July 22: Mary Jane O'Bryan, 35, found shot 877 Alford Avenue. Presumed to be a victim of a murder-suicide. 
- February 5: Applonia DeBardelaben, 21, shot by acquaintance at home at 5133 Caldwell Road. (report)
- June 15: Matthew Jackson, 23, was gunned down after answering the door at the home of his father, former Irondale City Councilman Ray Jackson, on McCoy Street. Dandrius Ansley and Kevin Dotson were arrested in 2010 and charged with intentional murder. Another man, Courtney Jones, is sought as a person of interest. (report)
- December 7: Josh Hadraba, 17, died when an SUV driven by John Hamilton Perkins flipped over on the 4800 block of Overton Road. Perkins pleaded guilty to reckless manslaughter and was sentenced to one year. (report)
- December 7: Leah Marks, 17, was a second victim in the same incident.
- May 5: Gabriel Castillo Alaniz, 21, found lying at 3rd Place South near the Lipscomb city limit. The so-called "Lipscomb Four", Tarquinne McCain, Lakendall Sims, James Pratt, and Travis Burns, were each charged with capital murder. McCain pleaded guilty to intentional murder and was sentenced to life imprisonment. He received another life sentence and two fifty-year sentences in other cases. Pratt and Burns pleaded guilty and were each sentenced to life. Sims, serving another life sentence for capital murder, was convicted in November 2009 and given another simultaneous life sentence. (report)
- April 3: Seth Ollison, 18, was shot by Christopher Keith Rhodes using an AK-47 while he was walking near Virginia Street and Sloan Avenue. The shooting ended an ongoing dispute between the two. Ollison was brought to the UAB Hospital emergency room where he later died. The crowd at the hospital created a disturbance which brought a police response. Rhodes and two accomplices, Alphones Lemark Carlton and Terry Glenn were arrested and pleaded guilty. Rhodes was given a 35-year sentence. Glenn, who also shot at Ollison, was given 30 years and Calrton, who drove the car and hid the rifle, was given 27 years. After the sentencing, members of Ollison's family expressed hope that the killers would die in prison. 
 Unincorporated Jefferson County
- July 15: Vernon Florence, 52, and his wife were shot in their home at 405 Miles Drive in the Oak Grove community. Former family friend Bobby Ray Sims, who had threatened the couple, was convicted of two counts of capital murder and sentenced to life without parole. 
- July 15: Teresa Russell Florence, 47, was shot along with her husband in their home. (See above)
- September 24: James Wayne Hutchins, 47, was found dead with gunshot wounds near the intersection of Tower Drive and Rotenberry Drive in the Sandusky area. 
- September 25: Demarius Eddins, 20, was stabbed to death during an argument in a trailer on the 8600 block of Old Highway 75 in the Village Springs community of Pinson. Socoria Meshumm Houston has been arrested and charged with murder. 
- November 1: Billy R. Mixon, 33, shot on October 25 at a house on the 1000 block of Lane Drive in the Minor community. Tambria Johnson has been arrested and charged with murder. 
- November 21: Harvey Hooks, 37, discovered in the trunk of his car, abandoned on Brookville School Road in Graysville. Before Hooks' body was found, the car was towed to Jett Towing in Adamsville in connection with a missing persons report filed in the city of Birmingham, where Hooks lived. Birmingham Police are investigating the homicide. 
- June 24: Donny Lee Ackers, 40 and Brandy Lynn Dillon, 28 were found dead in Acker's apartment at the Vestavia Park Court Apartments. Investigators suspect a murder-suicide. 
- March 13: Michael Robertson, 38, shot by a Warrior police officer following a robbery at a Dollar General store on thee 400 block Caldwell Drive.
- August: Shakiya Miller, 3 months, died after being thrown to the ground by her father. Justin Miller pleaded guilty to manslaughter and was sentenced to five years in prison and five years of supervised probation. 
- April: Chuck Barnes of Heflin died from nine gunshot wounds to his back. Kenneth Leon Morrow, who used a 5-shot revolver, was convicted of capital murder in December 2011. (report)
- March 16: Jimmy Largin was shot along with his wife Peggy at their home on Woodland Forrest Drive of Skyland Boulevard. Their son, James Scott Largin, a former patient at Bryce Hospital, was found the following morning, He was convicted of both murders and sentenced to death. (report)
- March 16: Peggy Largin was shot along with her husband Jimmy. Their son, James Scott Largin, was convicted of both murders and sentenced to death. (report)
- November 11: Holly Rogers, 20, was killed in a head-on collision on McFarland Boulevard near the Indian Hills Country Club. The other driver, Emilio Mendez Hernandez, had a blood-alcohol level of .25. He was also badly injured and was permanently blinded. He was charged with murder and pleaded guilty in April 2010.
- December 20: Melakikki Shonte’ Edwards, 31, was killed in an auto collision at Skyland Boulevard and Hargrove Road. Alejandra Gonzalez Xocua, the driver of the other car, had run a red light. She was later arrested and charged with vehicular homicide. (report)
- Gordon, Robert K. (October 3, 2007) "Bessemer homicides on increase." Birmingham News
- Robinson, Carol (January 1, 2007) "Birmingham homicides up." Birmingham News